Collect art like a pro
COLLECT ART LIKE A PRO
by Zara Sajid
- Trust your gut. Once you know what style or medium of art you like, don’t second guess it. Go with it. After all, the hearts wants what it wants!’
- Enjoy the journey. Go to graduate shows, discover artists on Instagram, explore the art scene from obscure places that you’d never have thought off and buy posters and prints. I swear by this one. I guarantee you instant gratification!
- Don’t always go with the big names. There is a whole world out there. Support emerging artists and take the plunge! All established artists were also in that category once!
- An artwork must speak to you. Do consider the fact that a work of art is something you have to live with. If you feel a connection with the work, that means you are drawn to it and will keep discovering various aspects of the work or might interpret is differently as per the phases of your personal life.
- Don’t disregard sketches, etchings or prints. Oil paintings may have had more value in ancient times but we’re currently lucky to be in a time where we are surrounded by eclectic art from all over the world in various mediums. What’s better? Its extremely accessible. In the case of an online gallery, your artwork is just a few clicks away from your doorstep.
While starting out, visiting online art galleries such as Antidote can be quite beneficial for you. You can take your time, browse artworks from all over the world, buy your favorite original art for as little as $100, and have it delivered to your doorstep. If you feel overwhelmed by the plethora of options, you can use the filters and see your selection as per your taste. Documentation of your art collection is always important so i’d suggest you start from day 1. Each artwork that you acquire from Antidote comes with a Certificate of Authenticity from the gallery.
For any further queries or tips, you can always get in touch with us for consultancy and advisory services. [email protected]
Shop Featured works & artists – ARTWORKS FOR LESS THEN 300$